Journal Indexing Services
Journal indexing is the process of evaluating and classifying academic journals based on their quality and relevance to a specific field of study. Indexing is important for journals because it increases their visibility and credibility, making them more likely to be read and cited by researchers.
CPS will engage with the client in a consultative and collaborative process where the requirements to be fulfilled by the client from the submission of the manuscripts to the post-publishing of the articles. The support provided by CPS will be clearly delineated based on the submission procedures adopted by the respective databases. CPS will provide a detailed report and a review of progress and the steps to be taken for the next phase to the client regularly.
1. COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics):
- COPE primarily focuses on the ethical conduct of scholarly publishing.
- Criteria include adherence to best practices in authorship, peer review, conflicts of interest, and handling of research misconduct.
- A commitment to transparency, integrity, and responsible publication is paramount.
2. DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals):
- DOAJ is dedicated to promoting open access publishing.
- Criteria encompass rigorous peer review, open accessibility of content, clear copyright and licensing information, and an efficient archiving system.
- Journals should provide open access to all research articles, ensuring global availability.
3. Web of Science: (ESCI and SCIE)
- Web of Science is known for its comprehensive coverage of scholarly literature.
- Criteria include maintaining high editorial standards, citation analysis, international diversity, and a rigorous peer-review process.
- High-quality content and international recognition are essential for inclusion.
- SCOPUS is a multidisciplinary citation database.
- Criteria encompass high-quality content, peer review, regular publication frequency, international editorial board, and clear ethical standards.
- Journals should contribute significantly to the global research community.
Understanding these criteria is essential as they serve as the foundation upon which your journals will be evaluated for potential inclusion in these databases. Our team is well-prepared to assist you in aligning your journal practices with these requirements and guide you through the submission process.